Try winning something Battle. When's the last time that trophy case had the dust cleaned off of it? They DO have a trophy case don't they?
Gate City didn't even play us in volleyball this year. What a genius.
Try winning something Battle. When's the last time that trophy case had the dust cleaned off of it? They DO have a trophy case don't they?
In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself
Yes actually, it's quite large.
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking forward to the "Welcome Wagon" TornadoWarning23.
1.) Your beloved Devils may kick our tail in Boys Basketball but what about every other sport. How about baseball???....or volleyball???...or even football?? My pee wee football squad could have shown more talent and HEART than your beloved Devils. I could go on but why waste my time. I'll let next year prove itself.
2.) I'm not even gonna mention the J.J. Kelly Indians. Let's just look back in history college kid....the Indians will be massacred just like Sand Creek...Floyd plays the role of Chivington in this tragedy. History tends to repeat itself.
3.) Like I said, history tends to repeat itself. GW will bring it Saturday just like they did in 2003. I think my wife and I will enjoy a good ole Region D beatdown Saturday. While you, and your high school friends cheer for the two most egotistacal teams that I've ever seen play.
[/ QUOTE ]
Pee Wee Football, Sand Creek, Chivington, beatdown... egotistical......wow.... who let out the nerds in Bristol? I mean I had a great Western Civ. prof. at King and he sounds a lot cooler than you sir.
Oh and one other thing? It isnt being egotistical if you can back it up.
When you come down to the 'City next year, be sure and check out all the banners we have hanging in our gym. A lot of work, a lot of practice and a lot of HEART went into putting those things up there.
You are freakin crazy if you think we're going quit now. You want to see a community that is bonded together by blood that runs blue drop on down Va. High way and we'll show you how we do it.
Thats not being egotistical, thats telling the truth. Win or lose, Gate City Blue Devils battle to the final horn blows.
Oh yeah... Floyd County girls,... well the whole Floyd High School community... I do wish the J.J. Kelly girls the very best of luck.. but to not to wish the Floyd County community well kind of sounds hypocritical to me right now.
A 3 year old losing his life to a brain tumor and a community feeling the aftershocks or putting off a state quarterfinal game a day late just to play a basketball game... life isnt all glory in hoops or whatever sport you play. Nothing wrong with having a passion and a love for a sport... but when basketball gets so deep into my soul that I put the love of my God, the love of my family and the love and great moments spent with my friends secondary in my life, then it is going to be time for me to let basketball go because there are things much more important in life. Coaches can sometimes get consumed by it.. and it is easy to do. It is what they love to do, it is their passion... but it is easily misunderstood by some and seen as a priority when in actuality it is secondary to a lot of things. That is why if you are a coaches wife, you are truly a very special and understanding woman. For Coach Cantrell and all of his family in Floyd County, all of us in Gate City send extra prayers up your way as well as extra prayers and the very best wishes to the entire Floyd County Basketball and Athletic Family. I know that all of you now also have something extra hard to play for.
From a so-called "egotistical" fan as quoted by SWVATrojan in all his historical vocabulary....
Good luck to the Floyd County Lady Buffaloes... and may the 3 year old rest in the arms of God above...... later all. Im out.
UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS
Unfair treatment by VHSL? True, but it's time to move on and prepare for the biggest games of the year! The Va. High gym has been good to GC in the past and we usually play well there. Good luck to both GC boys/girls teams. Win or lose, leave it all on the court and it will make us all proud! Give em #@%$ Blue!
I appreciate the response to my post. It is very nice to know that there are some really strong Blue Devil Athletics supporters out there.
I am going to be at Virginia High on Saturday ready to cheer on the Blue Devils.
Good luck Big Blue!!!!!
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck to the Floyd County Lady Buffaloes... and may the 3 year old rest in the arms of God above...... later all. Im out.
[/ QUOTE ]
Related news:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/106907
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Best of luck to the Lady Indians and also to Castlewood ! As far as John Battle goes, don't get me started on that, just wait till next year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Don't go crazy blue blood, they just don't know what's about to happen to them
Trojan I think you wish you had any idea about what you were taliking about. Do you honestly think that crowd atmospere doesn't affect a game then you sir are a lost cause.
Bookmarks